Navy @ Memphis
Current Records: Navy 1-4; Memphis 3-3
What to Know
The Memphis Tigers will be returning home after a two-game road trip. Memphis and the Navy Midshipmen will face off in an American Athletic battle at 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday at Liberty Bowl Memorial. If the 10-7 final from the last time they met is any indication, this game will be decided by the defense.
On Saturday, the Tigers were within a late touchdown of stealing the win, but they took the “L” against the Tulsa Golden Hurricane 35-29. WR Calvin Austin III put forth a good effort for the losing side as he caught 13 passes for one TD and 200 yards.
Meanwhile, it was all tied up 21-21 at halftime, but Navy was not quite the SMU Mustangs’ equal in the second half when they met on Saturday. Navy came up short against SMU, falling 31-24. No one had a standout game offensively for Navy, but they got scores from RB Chance Warren and RB Kai Puailoa-Rojas.
The Tigers are now 3-3 while the Midshipmen sit at 1-4. Two numbers to keep in mind before kickoff: Memphis is 235th worst in the nation in passing yards allowed per game, with 316.3 on average. Navy has experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the contest with the 248th fewest passing yards per game in the nation, having accrued only 62.6 on average. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Liberty Bowl Memorial — Memphis, Tennessee
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
Memphis and Navy both have three wins in their last six games.
- Nov 28, 2020 – Memphis 10 vs. Navy 7
- Sep 26, 2019 – Memphis 35 vs. Navy 23
- Sep 08, 2018 – Navy 22 vs. Memphis 21
- Oct 14, 2017 – Memphis 30 vs. Navy 27
- Oct 22, 2016 – Navy 42 vs. Memphis 28
- Nov 07, 2015 – Navy 45 vs. Memphis 20