Appalachian State @ Louisiana
Current Records: Appalachian State 4-1; Louisiana 4-1
What to Know
After two games on the road, the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns are heading back home. The Ragin’ Cajuns and the Appalachian State Mountaineers will face off in a Sun Belt battle at 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday at Cajun Field. These two teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
Louisiana came out on top in a nail-biter against the South Alabama Jaguars last week, sneaking past 20-18. The overall outcome was to be expected, but South Alabama made it more of a contest than the oddsmakers had predicted.
Meanwhile, you’re bound to get a positive result if you outscore your opponent every quarter, and that’s exactly how it played out for Appalachian State last week. They made easy work of the Georgia State Panthers and carried off a 45-16 win. The matchup was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Appalachian State had established a 31-9 advantage. Appalachian State QB Chase Brice was slinging it as he passed for three TDs and 329 yards on 29 attempts. Near the top of the highlight reel was Brice’s 80-yard TD bomb to WR Christian Wells in the fourth quarter.
Appalachian State’s defense was a presence as well, as it got past the Panthers’ offensive line to sack the QB four times total. Leading the way was LB D’Marco Jackson and his two sacks. Those were the first sacks for Jackson this year.
The wins brought the Ragin’ Cajuns up to 4-1 and the Mountaineers to 4-1. A pair of defensive numbers to keep in mind before kickoff: Louisiana is stumbling into the game with the 172nd most rushing touchdowns allowed in the nation, having given up eight on the season. Appalachian State has experienced some struggles of their own as they are 170th worst in the nation in passing yards allowed per game, with 247.2 on average. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Cajun Field — Lafayette, Louisiana
- TV: ESPN2
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
Appalachian State have won seven out of their last eight games against Louisiana.
- Dec 04, 2020 – Louisiana 24 vs. Appalachian State 21
- Dec 07, 2019 – Appalachian State 45 vs. Louisiana 38
- Oct 09, 2019 – Appalachian State 17 vs. Louisiana 7
- Dec 01, 2018 – Appalachian State 30 vs. Louisiana 19
- Oct 20, 2018 – Appalachian State 27 vs. Louisiana 17
- Dec 02, 2017 – Appalachian State 63 vs. Louisiana 14
- Oct 12, 2016 – Appalachian State 24 vs. Louisiana 0
- Nov 28, 2015 – Appalachian State 28 vs. Louisiana 7