Detroit @ Minnesota
Current Records: Detroit 0-4; Minnesota 1-3
What to Know
The Detroit Lions haven’t won a contest against the Minnesota Vikings since Oct. 1 of 2017, but they’ll be looking to end the drought Sunday. Detroit and Minnesota will face off in an NFC North battle at 1 p.m. ET at U.S. Bank Stadium. If the game is anything like the Vikings’ 37-35 win from their previous meeting in January, the scorekeeper will be kept real busy.
The Lions came up short against the Chicago Bears last week, falling 24-14. A silver lining for Detroit was the play of WR Kalif Raymond, who snatched two receiving TDs.
Minnesota came within a touchdown against the Cleveland Browns last week, but they wound up with a 14-7 loss. One thing holding Minnesota back was the mediocre play of QB Kirk Cousins, who did not have his best game: despite one touchdown, he threw one interception with only 5.34 yards per passing attempt.
Detroit is the clear underdog, so they’re hoping it’s the size of the fight that determines this one. The smart bettors have been the ones to keep their money on Detroit’s opponents whenever they hit the road.
The losses put the Lions at 0-4 and the Vikings at 1-3. A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Detroit comes into the matchup boasting the fourth fewest thrown interceptions in the league at two. But Minnesota is even better: they enter the contest with only one thrown interception, which is the best in the NFL. So expect both teams to feel comfortable airing the ball out.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: U.S. Bank Stadium — Minneapolis, Minnesota
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $33.00
The Vikings are a big 10-point favorite against the Lions, according to the latest NFL odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Vikings, as the game opened with the Vikings as an 8.5-point favorite.
Minnesota have won nine out of their last 12 games against Detroit.
- Jan 03, 2021 – Minnesota 37 vs. Detroit 35
- Nov 08, 2020 – Minnesota 34 vs. Detroit 20
- Dec 08, 2019 – Minnesota 20 vs. Detroit 7
- Oct 20, 2019 – Minnesota 42 vs. Detroit 30
- Dec 23, 2018 – Minnesota 27 vs. Detroit 9
- Nov 04, 2018 – Minnesota 24 vs. Detroit 9
- Nov 23, 2017 – Minnesota 30 vs. Detroit 23
- Oct 01, 2017 – Detroit 14 vs. Minnesota 7
- Nov 24, 2016 – Detroit 16 vs. Minnesota 13
- Nov 06, 2016 – Detroit 22 vs. Minnesota 16
- Oct 25, 2015 – Minnesota 28 vs. Detroit 19
- Sep 20, 2015 – Minnesota 26 vs. Detroit 16