New England @ Houston
Current Records: New England 1-3; Houston 1-3
What to Know
The Houston Texans will take on the New England Patriots at 1 p.m. ET Sunday at NRG Stadium. Given that both teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this contest.
A victory for Houston just wasn’t in the stars last week as the squad never even grasped a temporary lead. They played a game they are hoping to forget as they lost a 40 to nothing blowout to the Buffalo Bills.
Meanwhile, New England was close but no cigar last week as they fell 19-17 to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. One thing holding the Patriots back was the mediocre play of RB Damien Harris, who did not have his best game: he rushed for -4 yards on four carries.
Houston is expected to lose this next one by 8. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past two games, so buyers beware.
The losses bumped both teams down to an identical 1-3. Two defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Houston is stumbling into the matchup with the second most rushing touchdowns allowed in the league, having given up eight on the season. New England’s defense has more to brag about, as they they come into the matchup boasting the second fewest passing touchdowns allowed in the NFL at three. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: NRG Stadium — Houston, Texas
- TV: CBS
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $23.23
The Patriots are a big 8-point favorite against the Texans, according to the latest NFL odds.
Bettors have moved against the Patriots slightly, as the game opened with the Patriots as a 9.5-point favorite.
New England have won five out of their last seven games against Houston.
- Nov 22, 2020 – Houston 27 vs. New England 20
- Dec 01, 2019 – Houston 28 vs. New England 22
- Sep 09, 2018 – New England 27 vs. Houston 20
- Sep 24, 2017 – New England 36 vs. Houston 33
- Jan 14, 2017 – New England 34 vs. Houston 16
- Sep 22, 2016 – New England 27 vs. Houston 0
- Dec 13, 2015 – New England 27 vs. Houston 6