New York @ Dallas
Current Records: New York 1-3; Dallas 3-1
What to Know
The Dallas Cowboys have the luxury of staying home another week and will welcome the New York Giants at 4:25 p.m. ET Oct. 10 at AT&T Stadium. The teams split their matchups last year, with Dallas winning the first 37-34 at home and New York taking the second 23-19.
The Cowboys were able to grind out a solid win over the Carolina Panthers last week, winning 36-28. Dallas QB Dak Prescott was slinging it as he passed for four TDs and 188 yards on 22 attempts in addition to picking up 35 yards on the ground.
Dallas’ defense was a presence as well, as it got past Carolina’s offensive line to sack QB Sam Darnold five times for a total loss of 35 yards. Leading the way was DE Randy Gregory and his two sacks. Those were the first sacks for Gregory through four games.
Meanwhile, it may have taken overtime to finish the job, but New York ultimately got the result they were hoping for last week with a 27-21 victory over the New Orleans Saints. The score was all tied up at the break 7-7, but the Giants were the better team in the second half. RB Saquon Barkley was the offensive standout of the contest for New York, punching in one rushing touchdown in addition to snatching one receiving TD. Daniel Jones’ 54-yard touchdown toss down the left side of the field to Barkley in the fourth quarter made for one of the most memorable moments of the afternoon.
The Cowboys are the favorite in this one, with an expected 7-point margin of victory. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a four-game streak of ATS wins.
The wins brought Dallas up to 3-1 and the Giants to a reciprocal 1-3. A couple stats to keep an eye on: Dallas enters the matchup having picked the ball off eight times, good for first in the league. But New York comes into the game boasting the fewest thrown interceptions in the NFL at one. These opposing strengths should make for an exciting matchup.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 4:25 p.m. ET
- Where: AT&T Stadium — Arlington, Texas
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $47.45
The Cowboys are a solid 7-point favorite against the Giants, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Cowboys as a 7.5-point favorite.
Dallas have won eight out of their last 12 games against New York.
- Jan 03, 2021 – New York 23 vs. Dallas 19
- Oct 11, 2020 – Dallas 37 vs. New York 34
- Nov 04, 2019 – Dallas 37 vs. New York 18
- Sep 08, 2019 – Dallas 35 vs. New York 17
- Dec 30, 2018 – Dallas 36 vs. New York 35
- Sep 16, 2018 – Dallas 20 vs. New York 13
- Dec 10, 2017 – Dallas 30 vs. New York 10
- Sep 10, 2017 – Dallas 19 vs. New York 3
- Dec 11, 2016 – New York 10 vs. Dallas 7
- Sep 11, 2016 – New York 20 vs. Dallas 19
- Oct 25, 2015 – New York 27 vs. Dallas 20
- Sep 13, 2015 – Dallas 27 vs. New York 26