Georgia Southern @ Troy
Current Records: Georgia Southern 2-3; Troy 2-3
What to Know
The Troy Trojans will be returning home after a three-game road trip. Troy and the Georgia Southern Eagles will face off in a Sun Belt battle at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday at Larry Blakeney Field at Veterans Memorial Stadium. The Trojans and Georgia Southern are even-steven over their past six head-to-heads (3-3).
Troy came up short against the South Carolina Gamecocks last week, falling 23-14. Troy’s defeat came about despite a quality game from RB B.J. Smith, who rushed for one TD and 103 yards on 18 carries.
Meanwhile, Georgia Southern took their contest against the Arkansas State Red Wolves last week by a conclusive 59-33 score. The matchup was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Georgia Southern had established a 45-19 advantage.
The Trojans are the favorite in this one, with an expected 5.5-point margin of victory. Now might not be the best time to take Troy against the spread since they’ve let down bettors for the past two consecutive games.
Troy and Georgia Southern now sit at an identical 2-3. A pair of offensive stats to keep an eye on: Troy is 210th worst in the nation in rushing yards per game, with only 91.2 on average. Georgia Southern has experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the game with the 237th fewest passing yards per game in the nation, having accrued only 109.2 on average. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Larry Blakeney Field at Veterans Memorial Stadium — Troy, Alabama
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Trojans are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Eagles, according to the latest college football odds.
Troy and Georgia Southern both have three wins in their last six games.
- Nov 07, 2020 – Georgia Southern 20 vs. Troy 13
- Nov 09, 2019 – Troy 49 vs. Georgia Southern 28
- Nov 10, 2018 – Troy 35 vs. Georgia Southern 21
- Oct 28, 2017 – Troy 38 vs. Georgia Southern 16
- Dec 03, 2016 – Georgia Southern 28 vs. Troy 24
- Nov 14, 2015 – Georgia Southern 45 vs. Troy 10