Las Vegas @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Las Vegas 3-0; Los Angeles 2-1
What to Know
The Las Vegas Raiders and the Los Angeles Chargers are even-steven against one another since October of 2016 (5-5), but not for long. The Raiders and Los Angeles will face off in an AFC West battle at 8:15 p.m. ET Monday at SoFi Stadium. The teams split their matchups last year, with Las Vegas winning the first 31-26 on the road and Los Angeles taking the second 30-27.
It may have taken overtime to finish the job, but Las Vegas ultimately got the result they were hoping for last week with a 31-28 win over the Miami Dolphins. Among those leading the charge for Las Vegas was RB Peyton Barber, who rushed for one TD and 111 yards on 23 carries. Barber’s performance made up for a slower contest against the Pittsburgh Steelers two weeks ago.
Special teams collected 11 points for the Raiders. K Daniel Carlson booted in three field goals, the longest a 50-yarder in the second quarter, which ultimately accounted for the difference in the matchup.
Meanwhile, even if it wasn’t a dominant performance, the Chargers beat the Kansas City Chiefs 30-24 last week. Los Angeles QB Justin Herbert was slinging it as he passed for four TDs and 281 yards on 38 attempts. Herbert ended up with a passer rating of 165.30.
The Raiders are expected to lose this next one by 3. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 2-0 against the spread when expected to lose.
The wins brought Las Vegas up to 3-0 and Los Angeles to 2-1. Two defensive stats to keep an eye on: Las Vegas enters the game with only two passing touchdowns allowed, which is the best in the NFL. Less enviably, the Chargers are stumbling into the contest with the most rushing yards allowed per game in the league, having given up 170 on average.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 8:15 p.m. ET
- Where: SoFi Stadium — Inglewood, California
- TV: ESPN
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $225.00
The Chargers are a 3-point favorite against the Raiders, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 3-point spread, and stayed right there.
Las Vegas have won seven out of their last 12 games against Los Angeles.
- Dec 17, 2020 – Los Angeles 30 vs. Las Vegas 27
- Nov 08, 2020 – Las Vegas 31 vs. Los Angeles 26
- Dec 22, 2019 – Las Vegas 24 vs. Los Angeles 17
- Nov 07, 2019 – Las Vegas 26 vs. Los Angeles 24
- Nov 11, 2018 – Los Angeles 20 vs. Las Vegas 6
- Oct 07, 2018 – Los Angeles 26 vs. Las Vegas 10
- Dec 31, 2017 – Los Angeles 30 vs. Las Vegas 10
- Oct 15, 2017 – Los Angeles 17 vs. Las Vegas 16
- Dec 18, 2016 – Las Vegas 19 vs. Los Angeles 16
- Oct 09, 2016 – Las Vegas 34 vs. Los Angeles 31
- Dec 24, 2015 – Las Vegas 23 vs. Los Angeles 20
- Oct 25, 2015 – Las Vegas 37 vs. Los Angeles 29