Louisiana @ South Alabama
Current Records: Louisiana 3-1; South Alabama 3-0
What to Know
The South Alabama Jaguars are staring down a pretty large 12.5-point disadvantage in the spread for Saturday’s game. They will take on the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday at Hancock Whitney Stadium after a week off. The Jaguars have some work to do to even out the 1-5 series between these two since November of 2015, but a win here would be a good start.
South Alabama netted a 28-21 win over the Alcorn State Braves two weeks ago.
Meanwhile, Louisiana beat the Georgia Southern Eagles 28-20 last week.
The wins brought South Alabama up to 3-0 and Louisiana to 3-1. A couple stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: South Alabama is stumbling into the contest with the 176th fewest passing touchdowns in the nation, having accrued only two on the season. The Ragin’ Cajuns have experienced some struggles of their own as they are 211th worst in the nation in passing touchdowns allowed, with eight on the season. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Hancock Whitney Stadium — Mobile, Alabama
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Ragin’ Cajuns are a big 12.5-point favorite against the Jaguars, according to the latest college football odds.
Louisiana have won five out of their last six games against South Alabama.
- Nov 14, 2020 – Louisiana 38 vs. South Alabama 10
- Nov 16, 2019 – Louisiana 37 vs. South Alabama 27
- Nov 17, 2018 – Louisiana 48 vs. South Alabama 38
- Nov 04, 2017 – Louisiana 19 vs. South Alabama 14
- Sep 17, 2016 – Louisiana 28 vs. South Alabama 23
- Nov 12, 2015 – South Alabama 32 vs. Louisiana 25