Mississippi State @ No. 15 Texas A&M
Current Records: Mississippi State 2-2; Texas A&M 3-1
What to Know
The Mississippi State Bulldogs and the Texas A&M Aggies are set to square off in an SEC matchup at 7 p.m. ET Oct. 2 at Kyle Field. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they’ll have plenty of motivation to get the ‘W.’
It was close but no cigar for MSU as they fell 28-25 to the LSU Tigers last week. Mississippi State’s loss came about despite a quality game from QB Will Rogers, who passed for three TDs and 371 yards on 62 attempts.
Meanwhile, A&M came up short against the Arkansas Razorbacks last week, falling 20-10. Despite the defeat, the Aggies got a solid performance out of RB Isaiah Spiller, who punched in one rushing touchdown. That touchdown — a 67-yard rush in the third quarter — was one of the highlights of the game.
MSU is expected to lose this next one by 7. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past two games, so buyers beware.
The losses put MSU at 2-2 and A&M at 3-1. A pair of stats to keep an eye on: The Bulldogs are stumbling into the contest with the 235th fewest rushing yards per game in the nation, having accrued only 63 on average. The Aggies have experienced some struggles of their own as they are 158th worst in the nation in rushing yards allowed per game, with 170.8 on average. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Kyle Field — College Station, Texas
- TV: SEC Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Aggies are a solid 7-point favorite against the Bulldogs, according to the latest college football odds.
Texas A&M and Mississippi State both have three wins in their last six games.
- Oct 17, 2020 – Texas A&M 28 vs. Mississippi State 14
- Oct 26, 2019 – Texas A&M 49 vs. Mississippi State 30
- Oct 27, 2018 – Mississippi State 28 vs. Texas A&M 13
- Oct 28, 2017 – Mississippi State 35 vs. Texas A&M 14
- Nov 05, 2016 – Mississippi State 35 vs. Texas A&M 28
- Oct 03, 2015 – Texas A&M 30 vs. Mississippi State 17