Appalachian State @ Georgia State
Current Records: Appalachian State 3-1; Georgia State 1-3
What to Know
The Georgia State Panthers are 0-6 against the Appalachian State Mountaineers since October of 2015, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit on Saturday. Georgia State and Appalachian State will face off in a Sun Belt battle at 2 p.m. ET at Center Parc Stadium. The Panthers are out to stop a four-game streak of losses at home.
Georgia State came up short against the Auburn Tigers last week, falling 34-24. A silver lining for Georgia State was the play of RB Tucker Gregg, who rushed for one TD and 150 yards on 12 carries. That touchdown — a 50-yard rush in the second quarter — was one of the highlights of the game.
Meanwhile, Appalachian State slipped by the Marshall Thundering Herd 31-30 last Thursday. The Mountaineers can attribute much of their success to RB Nate Noel, who picked up 187 yards on the ground on 20 carries.
The Panthers are the clear underdogs, so they’re hoping it’s the size of the fight that determines this one. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread, however, as they are currently on a two-game streak of ATS wins.
Georgia State is now 1-3 while Appalachian State sits at a mirror-image 3-1. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before kickoff: Georgia State is stumbling into the contest with the 232nd fewest passing yards per game in the nation, having accrued only 118.8 on average. The Mountaineers have experienced some struggles of their own as they are 175th worst in the nation in passing yards allowed per game, with 247.5 on average. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
- Where: Center Parc Stadium — Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Mountaineers are a big 10-point favorite against the Panthers, according to the latest college football odds.
Appalachian State have won all of the games they’ve played against Georgia State in the last seven years.
- Nov 14, 2020 – Appalachian State 17 vs. Georgia State 13
- Nov 16, 2019 – Appalachian State 56 vs. Georgia State 27
- Nov 17, 2018 – Appalachian State 45 vs. Georgia State 17
- Nov 25, 2017 – Appalachian State 31 vs. Georgia State 10
- Oct 01, 2016 – Appalachian State 17 vs. Georgia State 3
- Oct 10, 2015 – Appalachian State 37 vs. Georgia State 3