Child dies of amoeba likely contracted at Texas splash pad, officials say

Child dies of amoeba likely contracted at Texas splash pad, officials say – CBS News

Watch CBSN Live


A child in Texas died two weeks ago from an infection caused by a brain-eating amoeba, and local officials announced Monday the child was likely infected after visiting the Don Misenhimer Park splash pad in Arlington. The site has been closed since officials were notified of the child’s illness, and the investigation is ongoing. CBSN Dallas-Fort Worth has details.

View CBS News In

Be the first to know

Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.