Louisville @ Florida State
Current Records: Louisville 2-1; Florida State 0-3
What to Know
The Louisville Cardinals and the Florida State Seminoles are even-steven against one another since October of 2015 (3-3), but not for long. The Cardinals and FSU will face off in an ACC battle at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday at Bobby Bowden Field at Doak Campbell Stadium. The matchup is expected to be a close one, with U of L going off at just a 1.5-point favorite.
U of L was able to grind out a solid victory over the UCF Knights last week, winning 42-35. QB Malik Cunningham had a stellar game for U of L as he passed for one TD and 265 yards on 38 attempts in addition to rushing for two TDs and 99 yards.
Meanwhile, things couldn’t have gone much worse for FSU as they lost 35-14 to the Wake Forest Demon Deacons last week. The last quarter was a mere formality since it was already 35-14 by the third quarter. Despite the defeat, the Seminoles had strong showings from RB Treshaun Ward, who snatched one receiving TD, and WR Ontaria Wilson, who caught four passes for one TD and 101 yards. One of the most thrilling moments was Wilson’s 65-yard TD reception in the second quarter.
The Cardinals’ win brought them up to 2-1 while FSU’s loss pulled them down to 0-3. A pair of defensive stats to keep an eye on: U of L is stumbling into the contest with the 177th most passing yards allowed per game in the nation, having given up 246 on average. The Seminoles have experienced some passing struggles of their own as they are 233rd worst in the nation in passing touchdowns allowed, with eight on the season. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 3:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Bobby Bowden Field at Doak Campbell Stadium — Tallahassee, Florida
- TV: ESPN2
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Cardinals are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Seminoles, according to the latest college football odds.
Florida State and Louisville both have three wins in their last six games.
- Oct 24, 2020 – Louisville 48 vs. Florida State 16
- Sep 21, 2019 – Florida State 35 vs. Louisville 24
- Sep 29, 2018 – Florida State 28 vs. Louisville 24
- Oct 21, 2017 – Louisville 31 vs. Florida State 28
- Sep 17, 2016 – Louisville 63 vs. Florida State 20
- Oct 17, 2015 – Florida State 41 vs. Louisville 21