Toledo @ Ball State
Current Records: Toledo 1-2; Ball State 1-2
What to Know
The Ball State Cardinals will be returning home after a two-game road trip. Ball State and the Toledo Rockets will face off in a Mid-American battle at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday at Scheumann Stadium. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they’ll have plenty of motivation to get the ‘W.’
The Cardinals have to be hurting after a devastating 45-12 loss at the hands of the Wyoming Cowboys last week. Ball State was in a tough position by the half, with the score already sitting at 31 to nothing.
Meanwhile, it was all tied up 3-3 at halftime, but Toledo was not quite the Colorado State Rams’ equal in the second half when they met last week. Toledo took a hard 22-6 fall against Colorado State. If the result catches you off guard, it should: the Rockets were far and away the favorite.
The losses bumped both teams down to an identical 1-2. A pair of defensive numbers to keep in mind before kickoff: The Cardinals are 228th worst in the nation in touchdowns allowed, with 11 on the season. Toledo has experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the matchup with the 152nd most rushing yards allowed per game in the nation, having given up 162.7 on average. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
- Where: Scheumann Stadium — Muncie, Indiana
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Rockets are a 4.5-point favorite against the Cardinals, according to the latest college football odds.
Toledo have won four out of their last six games against Ball State.
- Nov 28, 2020 – Ball State 27 vs. Toledo 24
- Oct 19, 2019 – Ball State 52 vs. Toledo 14
- Oct 31, 2018 – Toledo 45 vs. Ball State 13
- Oct 26, 2017 – Toledo 58 vs. Ball State 17
- Nov 16, 2016 – Toledo 37 vs. Ball State 19
- Oct 03, 2015 – Toledo 24 vs. Ball State 10