No. 22 San Jose State @ Hawaii
Current Records: San Jose State 1-1; Hawaii 1-2
What to Know
The San Jose State Spartans watched the action from their couches last weekend, but are set to take to the field. The Spartans and the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors will face off in a Mountain West battle on Sunday at Clarence T.C. Ching Complex. SJSU won’t have the home-field advantage, but they do enjoy a 6.5-point advantage in the spread.
SJSU might not have won anyway, but with 93 yards lost due to penalties, they really shot themselves in the foot two weeks ago. They found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unpleasant 30-7 punch to the gut against the USC Trojans. SJSU was surely aware of their 14-point disadvantage in the point spread, but the foreknowledge did nothing to prevent the result. One thing holding SJSU back was the mediocre play of QB Nick Starkel, who did not have his best game: besides failing to produce a single touchdown, he threw two interceptions.
Meanwhile, the matchup between Hawaii and the Oregon State Beavers last week was not a total blowout, but with the Rainbow Warriors falling 45-27 on the road, it was darn close to turning into one. Hawaii’s loss came about despite a quality game from RB Calvin Turner, who punched in two rushing touchdowns in addition to catching seven passes for one TD and 106 yards.
Both of these teams will be looking to put their recent losses behind them and walk away with a win. Check back to see which squad is able to work their way into the win column.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 12:30 a.m. ET
- Where: Clarence T.C. Ching Complex — Honolulu, Hawaii
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Spartans are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Rainbow Warriors, according to the latest college football odds.
Hawaii have won four out of their last six games against San Jose State.
- Dec 05, 2020 – San Jose State 35 vs. Hawaii 24
- Nov 09, 2019 – Hawaii 42 vs. San Jose State 40
- Sep 29, 2018 – Hawaii 44 vs. San Jose State 41
- Oct 15, 2017 – Hawaii 37 vs. San Jose State 26
- Oct 08, 2016 – Hawaii 34 vs. San Jose State 17
- Nov 21, 2015 – San Jose State 42 vs. Hawaii 23