Miami (OH) @ No. 8 Cincinnati
Last Season Records: Cincinnati 9-1; Miami (OH) 2-1
What to Know
The Miami (OH) RedHawks are 0-5 against the Cincinnati Bearcats since September of 2015, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit next Saturday. They will face off at 3:30 p.m. ET Sept. 4 at Nippert Stadium to kick off their 2021 seasons. While Miami (OH) was not exactly top dog last year, they did wrap up the year with a winning record of 2-1. Meanwhile, after a 9-1 record last season and an appearance in the Peach Bowl, Cincinnati is coming in with an eye to spark another quality season.
Two numbers to keep in mind before kickoff: The RedHawks threw only one interceptions last season, the second best among all teams in the nation. But Cincinnati snagged 16 interceptions last year, the third most in the nation. These opposing strengths should make for an exciting matchup.
Since the experts predict a loss, Miami (OH) will need to dig deep. Perhaps they’ll be able to flip the script and come out with a big win.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 3:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Nippert Stadium — Cincinnati, Ohio
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Bearcats are a big 23-point favorite against the RedHawks, according to the latest college football odds.
Cincinnati have won all of the games they’ve played against Miami (OH) in the last seven years.
- Sep 14, 2019 – Cincinnati 35 vs. Miami (OH) 13
- Sep 08, 2018 – Cincinnati 21 vs. Miami (OH) 0
- Sep 16, 2017 – Cincinnati 21 vs. Miami (OH) 17
- Sep 24, 2016 – Cincinnati 27 vs. Miami (OH) 20
- Sep 19, 2015 – Cincinnati 37 vs. Miami (OH) 33