Louisiana Tech @ Mississippi State
Last Season Records: Mississippi State 4-7; Louisiana Tech 5-5
What to Know
The Mississippi State Bulldogs and the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs will face off at 4 p.m. ET Sept. 4 at Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field to kick off their 2021 seasons. Last year was nothing to brag about for MSU (4-7), so the squad is looking forward to a new start. Louisiana Tech struggled last year, too, ending up 5-5.
A couple last-season stats to keep an eye on: No teams threw more interceptions than MSU, who was picked off 18 times. Louisiana Tech experienced some struggles of their own as few teams threw more interceptions than them, who were picked off 14 times. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
MSU has the odds in their favor, so they’ll need to guard against complacency. These early season matchups can go either way as both teams get back into playing shape.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 4 p.m. ET
- Where: Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field — Starkville, Mississippi
- TV: ESPN University
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Bulldogs are a big 23.5-point favorite against the Bulldogs, according to the latest college football odds.
Mississippi State have won all of the games they’ve played against Louisiana Tech in the last seven years.
- Nov 03, 2018 – Mississippi State 45 vs. Louisiana Tech 3
- Sep 09, 2017 – Mississippi State 57 vs. Louisiana Tech 21
- Oct 17, 2015 – Mississippi State 45 vs. Louisiana Tech 20