Texas Tech @ Houston
Last Season Records: Houston 3-5; Texas Tech 4-6
What to Know
The Houston Cougars and the Texas Tech Red Raiders will face off at 7 p.m. ET Sept. 4 on a neutral field at NRG Stadium to kick off their 2021 seasons. Last year was nothing to brag about for Houston (3-5), so the team is looking forward to a new start. Texas Tech struggled last year, too, ending up 4-6.
The neutral point spread forecasts a close one for these two. We’ll see if the game is as close as the oddsmakers expect or if one of these teams has a surprise blowout in them.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: NRG Stadium — Houston, Texas
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Red Raiders are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Cougars, according to the latest college football odds.
Texas Tech have won both of the games they’ve played against Houston in the last seven years.
- Sep 15, 2018 – Texas Tech 63 vs. Houston 49
- Sep 23, 2017 – Texas Tech 27 vs. Houston 24