Milwaukee @ Phoenix
Regular Season Records: Milwaukee 4-2; Phoenix 4-2
What to Know
Cue the food, friends, and football rivalries: Super Bowl Sunday is only hours away. After a week of well-deserved rest, the Milwaukee Bucks and the Phoenix Suns will brawl for championship honors at Phoenix Suns Arena at 9 p.m. ET. The Milwaukee Bucks haven’t won a game against the Phoenix Suns since Feb. 2 of last year, but they’ll be looking to end the drought Tuesday.
Milwaukee earned some more postseason success in their contest this past Saturday. They strolled past the Atlanta Hawks with points to spare, taking the matchup 118-107. The Bucks relied on the efforts of small forward Khris Middleton, who had 32 points and seven assists, and point guard Jrue Holiday, who had 27 points and nine assists along with nine boards.
Meanwhile, you can’t lose the matchup if you win every quarter, and that was precisely Phoenix’s strategy against the Los Angeles Clippers last week. Phoenix blew past Los Angeles 130-103. It was another big night for Phoenix’s point guard Chris Paul, who shot 7-for-8 from downtown and finished with 41 points and eight assists.
Milwaukee is expected to lose this next one by 6. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread, however, as they are currently on a two-game streak of ATS wins.
A pair of offensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Bucks rank first in the league when it comes to points per game, with 120.1 on average. The Suns have displayed some offensive firepower of their own as they come into the matchup boasting the second highest field goal percentage in the league at 49%.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Phoenix Suns Arena — Phoenix, Arizona
- TV: ABC
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $577.50
The Suns are a solid 6-point favorite against the Bucks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Suns as a 5.5-point favorite.
Milwaukee have won seven out of their last 12 games against Phoenix.
- Apr 19, 2021 – Phoenix 128 vs. Milwaukee 127
- Feb 10, 2021 – Phoenix 125 vs. Milwaukee 124
- Mar 08, 2020 – Phoenix 140 vs. Milwaukee 131
- Feb 02, 2020 – Milwaukee 129 vs. Phoenix 108
- Mar 04, 2019 – Phoenix 114 vs. Milwaukee 105
- Nov 23, 2018 – Phoenix 116 vs. Milwaukee 114
- Jan 22, 2018 – Milwaukee 109 vs. Phoenix 105
- Nov 22, 2017 – Milwaukee 113 vs. Phoenix 107
- Feb 26, 2017 – Milwaukee 100 vs. Phoenix 96
- Feb 04, 2017 – Milwaukee 137 vs. Phoenix 112
- Mar 30, 2016 – Milwaukee 105 vs. Phoenix 94
- Dec 20, 2015 – Milwaukee 101 vs. Phoenix 95